Teeth Whitening 101: What You Should Know
Even for people who practice excellent oral hygiene habits, teeth can sometimes appear dull, stained, or discolored due to dietary choices, tobacco use, and genetics. Fortunately, professional teeth whitening can help you achieve a brighter, whiter, more radiant smile quickly and conveniently. Here’s what you need to know about how professional teeth whitening can benefit you before scheduling an appointment with the friendly team at South Holston Dental Designs.
What Are the Benefits?
Having your teeth whitened at the dentist has many benefits, including:
- Fast: In less than thirty minutes, you can see visibly whiter, brighter teeth.
- Effective: Professional-strength whitening products are more effective at removing stains and discoloration than most at-home whitening treatments.
- Safe: The whitening process is monitored by an experienced dental team, ensuring your smile is in good hands.
- Comfortable: Professional teeth whitening is virtually pain-free.
What Does Teeth Whitening Involve?
During your professional whitening treatment you can expect the following to take place:
- The dentist will protect your gums with a special gel.
- Then, he will place custom bleaching trays containing a hydrogen peroxide solution on your teeth.
- After the recommended amount of time has passed (usually around thirty minutes), your treatment will be complete.
- You may be given a bleaching product to apply at-home to continue the whitening process as needed.
Once you have achieved a beautifully white smile, practicing good oral hygiene at home is the best way to extend the life of your results. For most people, the results of professional teeth whitening can last anywhere from one to three years.
If you’re interested in improving the natural appearance of your smile with a professional teeth whitening treatment, the compassionate team at South Holston Dental Designs is here to help. Visit us online today to schedule your next appointment and take the first step in achieving the smile of your dreams!